Nathan met us at Bojangles - one of Grammy's favorite eateries. It is not the chain we have down south, but more of a local eatery with a 50's theme. We enjoyed a good lunch and more special visiting time together. From there it was back to the house. Nathan continued to finish out this portion of the project. He closed in a wall in the living room where the closet door had been. Then he cut out a portion of wall in the bedroom to create a double closet opening. He also replaced the flooring so that it would be a solid run into the closet. Jan and her mom were so very pleased and amazed. Jan told me how she had no idea it would be that involved. I think she regretted Nathan spending so much time on it, but it seemed to make him happy to be able to help. Jan will be able to finish the sheetrock, paint, and hang the shelving now.
After we helped get all of the tools put away, we headed for another dip in Flathead Lake. (I checked, and the average temperature this time of year is 68 degrees!) Andrew was all about getting in, and Jan gladly joined him. I had ventured in up to my knees and was working on a collection of pretty rocks. I was quite content staying dry, but decided I would take the plunge. Jan and Andrew jumped with me for moral support. After a few minutes in the water, it really wasn't that bad. The temperature outside was in the 90's today. We swam for a bit, and I was proud of Andrew for wanting to swim out further to a floating dock. Jan and I swam on either side encouraging him as he went. I know he was getting tired, but he made it! After a few minutes at the dock, he was ready to head back in. Although he was not ready to leave the lake, we told him it was time to treat Dad.
Jan took us up onto Blacktail Mountain for some genuine huckleberry pickin'! We were treated to views of deer and rabbits as she ascended the mountain. We finally came to a sweet spot and had our first look at huckleberries in the wild. We began to quickly understand why those suckers are so darned expensive! Each berry is about the size of a large English pea, and they are not clustered together. We picked for about an hour and yielded maybe about a cup and a half. Dusk was setting in around 8:40 and it wasn't getting any earlier. We managed to get down off the mountain and find some dinner before turning in.















No comments:
Post a Comment